Straiton TRS – Modifications
Scotland Gas Networks (SGN) identified the need to upgrade and modify the existing gas inlet, filter skid and regulator streams at Straiton Transmission Reduction Station (TRS) with a system capable of achieving the site’s revised demand.
The project consisted of a new bypass system from the site inlet valve to 1 of temporary filter and regulator skid and tieing the said system into the existing outlet pipework. Upon completion of desired cyclic operation for the bypass, existing station inlet pipework and 2 of regulator streams (incl new supports) would be replaced and the installation of a new filter skid and base installed. Upon completion and commissioning of the new permanent pipework the temporary bypass and bases will be removed and site made good.
These works included the following activities:
- Trial Holes
- Install temporary bases for bypass skids
- Fabrication of all pipework
- Install temporary bypass skid and connection to live outlet.
- NDT & Pressure Testing
- Coating & Wrapping to PA10 /CW5
- Removal of existing pipework, supports, apparatus & regulator streams.
- Fabricate and install new inlet, pipework, filter skid and 2 of regulator streams
- Remove and move from site the temporary bypass (skids & pipework)
- Repairs/replacement of regulator building roof & Re-instatement